Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bragging Rights

Hopefully I won't embarrass my children with this post!  Most of my readers ARE my children so I ought to be okay!  After all, who doesn't like to be bragged on a little bit?

My kids make the holidays so enjoyable.  They want to come "home" and spend time together with Paul and me and with their siblings.  As a mom, that means the world to me.  I love spending time talking with them and playing games together.  I appreciate each one for taking time out of their busy schedules to make time for us during the special times throughout the year.  Hannah and Matt are both busy and involved in many things, but they make family a priority.

I appreciate Kayla and Darby as a married couple for their dedication to sharing time between us and Darby's parents.  They do such a good job splitting their time up (and that is no easy process)!  I remember the early days of marriage when we would be juggling our schedule to make sure we spent quality and quantity time with my parents and Paul's.  I just really appreciate the time and effort it takes to work out holiday plans.  This year they have done a great job again!

Speaking of Darby's parents, I just want to say how very blessed I feel to have "in-laws" (we aren't sure what to call each other) that we enjoy so much.  It has been an extra blessing to be in the same church and spend time together--not only as the kids' parents but also as friends.  Thank you, John and Debby, for sharing so willingly and for raising such a wonderful son for us to have as a son-in-law!

My kids are just the best and I feel blessed all year that I can call them mine, but the holidays are an extra blessed time for me!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you're so sweet, Mom!

    I feel so blessed to have you and Dad as parents. Thanks for making our home a place that we want to come home to. I love being able to come back and all spend time together.

    ReplyDelete