Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day/Birthday--May 8

It was a great weekend!  Hannah and Matt came into town to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day, which happened to fall on the same day this year.  We had a great time visiting and playing games.  I had just seen Kayla and Darby a couple of weeks ago and we celebrated my birthday and Mother's Day when we were together.  So...I felt very loved and very special.  My cards from the kids were wonderful, especially the hand-written sentiments on them and Kayla's handmade cards.

As always, Paul made sure my birthday and Mother's Day were special.  He took us all out to eat (which is always fun) and made sure I didn't lift a finger (except when I insisted).  Paul gave me a camera to replace the one I left in Belize so I'm excited about that!

Matt, Hannah and I (and to an extent Paul), got hooked on the Monopoly Card Game.  We played many hands of it and had fun turning against one another and ganging up on anyone doing well!  We love playing games together, visiting and acting silly while we do.  It's great family time.

Sunday afternoon, of course, Hannah had to head back to Dallas and Matt to Abilene.  It always leaves a little lump in my throat to see them go.  I am so blessed that Kayla, Darby, Hannah and Matt all make special time for me!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You posted a picture. :) Wish we could have been at home with everyone else, but so glad we were able to see you the weekend before.

    ReplyDelete