Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Trip to Illinois

I hate flying.  I hate knowing I am in this big hunk of metal suspended in the sky.  You can talk physics all day, but I just can't believe this thing is going to stay in the air.  Add turbulence and I am an absolute wreck!  HOWEVER, when it means I get to see Kayla and Darby in Illinois...I am much more willing to take the chance!

We had a great visit.  I arrived on Tuesday and Paul joined us for the weekend.  Kayla and I had such a good time cooking, shopping, getting pedicures and talking, talking, talking. We got caught up on so much and it just felt good to be part of her everyday life for awhile. Then Paul came and we had a great weekend, too.

Darby was studying for a test and a big presentation.  He was able to join us, though, for a couple of games, a little Wii Winter Sports, and a movie.  He did great on his presentation (we knew he would).  Darby and Kayla are both working hard in school and we are proud of both of them.

We are so blessed to have great kids and enjoy the time we get to spend with them.  We are looking forward to seeing them in Texas in June and hopefully having all the kids together for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment