Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Beginnings

Well, this is my first blog post ever! I love to read other blogs and have several that I follow daily.  Let me tell you a little about myself.  I am a 51-year old (soon to be 52!) wife and mother of three adult children: Kayla and her husband Darby, 26; Hannah, 24; and Matt, 22.  I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and I was blessed to be able to do just that.  Now I find myself with no children living at home.  Paul and I enjoy the empty nest, but I am just a little lost without children under foot, their activities to be involved in, the daily excitement, etc.  I volunteer a lot at church and stay busy being a homemaker, but I have to admit I feel a little aimless without kids at home.

As I said, Paul and I are enjoying our empty nest.  We still have a lot of fun together and I'm very blessed we have stayed close over the 31+ years we have been married.  It's not easy to nurture your marriage while raising children, but evidently we did enough along the way because we are doing great now.


I am investigating some areas of volunteer work that might use my God-given talents now that I have more time on my hands.  One of them is with a Chaplaincy program.  Volunteers make hospital visits to people who have specifically asked for visits.  The purpose is to listen and encourage those who are suffering with illness.  I think I would like this ministry very much and am anxious to hear back from the program.

Well, I feel like this has been a pretty boring post but I will try to be more creative in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment