Monday, February 21, 2011

Sing Song


We had a great weekend in Abilene.  We got there about noon and went to Sharon’s BBQ with Hannah and Matt.  It was wonderful to visit with them.  After lunch, Hannah went to hang out with friends and Matt went back to his apartment to work on pressing homework.  Paul took a nap at the hotel and I got to spend some time with my sister, Lea.  I treasure any time I can get with each of my sisters.

We got to see Matt’s apartment and to my delight, it was a little better than guy clean!  Matt had picked up and cleaned up (I am assuming the apartment isn’t always in the shape that I saw it!) and I was even able to use the restroom without a terrible Mom-urge to clean.  I’d say I have a pretty good guy on my hands.  Of course, I have a pretty good guy on my hands for lots of reasons.  Sunday morning Hannah, Paul and I got to go to church with Matt and meet some of his youth parents and teenagers.  You can tell they really love and appreciate Matt and that’s a great feeling!

Seeing Sing Song through Hannah’s eyes is hilarious!  When watching with Hannah, it is the most exciting, expertly critiqued experience you can have.  She is definitely an interactive participant in the whole evening of entertainment, especially when her dear Siggies take the stage.  I am pretty sure the woman sitting next to Hannah had a unique Sing Song experience as well!

We ended the weekend with lunch at Texas Roadhouse.  I love eating out with our family.  We have so much fun talking and laughing and no one has to worry about preparing the meal or doing the dishes—just pure enjoyment. 

The down side of the weekend?  Not having Kayla and Darby with us.  Anytime we are together as a family they are missed.  It’s just not the same without them.  So…Kayla and Darby…how about Sing Song 2012?

As usual, I come away from time with my kids with mixed feelings.  There’s always a tug at my heartstrings knowing they won’t be coming home with me.  I love interacting with them as adults, though, and my heart is also full of joy and pride because of the rich, meaningful lives they are living.  I guess there will always be a part of me that wants to be the mommy again and a part of me that absolutely loves being Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you started a blog! :) Glad you had fun at Sing Song. I really wish we could have gone. All weekend, I would get so sad when I thought about everyone together without me. :( When are you and Dad going to come up here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm glad you have a blog! I'm glad Sing Song was fun...I'm sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete